Monday, November 3, 2014

Today is the first day of Home School.  There are a lot reasons I ended up here, and I think ultimately my choices that have continuously been counter to the current normal are the answers to how.  But as a mother of three (6, 4 and 2), my goal is to have minimal expectations for the blog, so I'll explain as I have time.

The Basics:  I'm homeschooling my six year old son after not clicking with the private Catholic school that we chose after being unimpressed with the public schools in our area of the suburbs of Seattle.  My 4 year old daughter is in a Montessori that we love, and my 2 year old daughter will follow next year.  Unfortunately, the Montessori only goes up to Kindergarten.  I'll be using the classical curriculum from The Well-Trained Mind, as soon as it arrives (ordered last week).

Today: I arrived home from a ten day East Coast trip after eleven o-clock last night.  Husband got kids up and dressed and fed.  Took daughter to school.  Son practiced violin, we sang a bit (I have music curriculum from the California public schools from around the sixties, fun!) then read a story and played a math game.  My goal is most of the subjects in the morning and then literature and art in the afternoon when my daughter is home and toddler is sleeping.  My travels includes stopping at some historical sites and art museums and I picked up some books there to supplement.  We'll be playing with some George Washington and Frida Kahlo paper dolls later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment