Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 2

Today was another slightly messed up day since I'm still getting back into the swing of things after being gone for ten days, and jet lagged by four hours.  I absolutely had to get to the grocery store for food, and in the afternoon we had an informational tour at Edmonds Heights, a public alternative learning resource.  With our hour and a half learning time in the morning we were still able to manage a violin practice, math game and reading.  After lunch we played a game of Sorry (counting, strategy) before being off on our next errand.

http://www.edmondshrc.com/  Hmm, how best to describe Edmonds Heights.  I think how we will use it: as supplemental instruction to our homeschooling.  There aren't really full classes there, and parents cannot use it as a full alternative to regular school.  But there are workshops in subjects like theater and robotics that I cannot provide at home.  Some classes come at a cost and others are free.  To be a "student" there only requires an hour a week, which can include study time.  My kids were all really excited by the possibilities (the play areas and building lab with a wall of Legos may have helped).  Now I just need to fill out the mountain of paperwork to apply and take the eight week orientation class.

No comments:

Post a Comment