Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 3

Eventually I'll come up with better titles, but I think the counting works for now.

Today was our first stay-at-home, no extras day.  Although my husband was home from work sick, so that was helpful when all my toddler wanted to do was nurse all morning.  We still don't have our books, so I'm improvising until they come, but we were able to cover all of our subjects: Music, Math, Reading, Writing (penmanship for now), Science, History, Literature and Art.  The morning had an excellent violin practice and hand-made worksheet with addition, subtraction, addition with carrying and multiplication.  Then we practiced penmanship and read a few pages of National Geographic Kids (which is not well-liked; it was a gift subscription and wow, has it changed in 30 years!).  Lunch took a while and then I put my toddler down for a nap.  We read Matilda while doing art, then an entire history book on colonial children and more art.  Art for four hours.  It was a lot!  And we had a little recess time, too.  Looking forward to continuing with enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment